Higher Educations Institutions iconHigher Education Institutions

Disability Support Search iconDisability Support Search

Glossary icon Glossary

Support Organisations iconSupport Organisations

University of Westminster

University of Westminster

Disability Learning Support

Disability Learning Support provides information, support and guidance to disabled students with Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia and AD(H)D), long term mental health problems, visual impairments, hearing impairments, physical disabilities, long term medical conditions and Autistic Spectrum Conditions.

It provides support and guidance for applications to the Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) and external charities such as the Snowdon Trust.

It promotes awareness of the Equality Act 2010 and enables disabled students to develop independence and achieve full potential at the University of Westminster.

Contact Us

Disability Learning Support (DLS)

Tel: +44 (0)20 350 68800
Email: DLS@westminster.ac.uk

More provision of support

For more detailed information please click here to view the PDF document.

Main campus

Support we offer

icon Accessible learning spaces

icon  Adapted accommodation

icon Campus tours

icon Pre-entry transition programme or equivalent support

icon Specialist knowledge in disability service

icon Specialist groups or disabled students’ network

icon Support available from academic staff

Additional details about support

Funding for SpLD Assessment

Can a student be referred for a Specific Learning  Differences  (SpLD) Assessment with a Specialist teacher or Educational Psychologist through the University and is there funding available for an SpLD assessment?


Disability Adviser available

Are there specialist staff available to talk to within the service?  Is there a disability officer or a disability adviser for students to talk to?

We have three SpLD (Specific Learning Difficulties) Advisers who are also specialist SpLD Tutors and we also have three Disability Advisers.

Support from academic staff

Is advice and support available from academic staff within the faculties of the University?   How do students access this advice and support?

Each faculty has a Disability tutor who is an academic member of staff and who works closely with DLS.

One-to-one mentoring support

Are there any additional services available such as mentoring, counselling services or a buddy scheme to help a new student to settle in if needed?

We have a Mentoring Scheme and a counselling service available.

Specialist Support groups

Are there specialist  support groups  or a disabled  students network available at the University? 

One of the disabled students has just started the Unique Society with the aim to promote networking amongst disabled students.

Adapted accommodation in halls

Is adapted accommodation and specialist equipment available in halls of residence?


One-to-One / Group Study Skills

Does the institution provide support with arranging One to one/Group study skills sessions? 

We can provide support with arranging one to one study skills