Higher Educations Institutions iconHigher Education Institutions

Disability Support Search iconDisability Support Search

Glossary icon Glossary

Support Organisations iconSupport Organisations

University of Greenwich

University of Greenwich

The Student Wellbeing Service provides information, guidance and support to current and prospective students with disabilities and specific learning difficulties.

Disability and Dyslexia specialists can help with DSA applications, arranging reasonable adjustments, dyslexia screenings and advice on assistive technology software.

Mental Health and Counselling specialists offer a range of motivational and self-development workshops as well as confidential 1:1 sessions.

Where the university is the named provider, we offer1:1 study skills and mentoring (subject to availability).

Contact Us

Student Wellbeing (Disability & Dyslexia)

Tel: +44 (0)20 8331 7875
Email: wellbeing@gre.ac.uk

More provision of support

For more detailed information please click here to view the PDF document.

Main campus

Support we offer

icon Accessible learning spaces

icon  Adapted accommodation

icon Campus tours

icon Pre-entry transition programme or equivalent support

icon Specialist knowledge in disability service

icon Specialist groups or disabled students’ network

icon Support available from academic staff

Additional details about support

Funding for SpLD Assessment

Can a student be referred for a Specific Learning  Differences  (SpLD) Assessment with a Specialist teacher or Educational Psychologist through the University and is there funding available for an SpLD assessment?

We provide students with a list of suitable assessors.  Funding is available, although this may not meet the whole cost.

Disability Adviser available

Are there specialist staff available to talk to within the service?  Is there a disability officer or a disability adviser for students to talk to?


Support from academic staff

Is advice and support available from academic staff within the faculties of the University?   How do students access this advice and support?

There is a Disability Named Contact in each faculty.  Students can contact the person directly.

One-to-one mentoring support

Are there any additional services available such as mentoring, counselling services or a buddy scheme to help a new student to settle in if needed?

We have a counselling service available.  Disabled students can also sign up to a Facebook group before starting their courses.

Specialist Support groups

Are there specialist  support groups  or a disabled  students network available at the University?

The Disabled Students’ Network is run by the Student Union. Http://www.suug.co.uk/societies/dsn/  The aim of the Network is to support all students at the University of Greenwich with any kind of disability, providing peer support, chances to socialise and fun as well as helpful advice!   Join our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/248447342009118/ to keep up to date with everything we have planned and get to know your fellow students.

Adapted accommodation in halls

Is adapted accommodation and specialist equipment available in halls of residence?

Prospective students who need adapted accommodation or specialist equipment should contact the Accommodation office early in the application process.

One-to-One / Group Study Skills

Does the institution provide support with arranging One to one/Group study skills sessions?

We can assist with arranging 1:1 study skills for students in receipt of DSAs.  The university provides limited 1:1 support and group study skills sessions.  Students can self -refer to these services.  If necessary the disability service can signpost students to this support.