Higher Educations Institutions iconHigher Education Institutions

Disability Support Search iconDisability Support Search

Glossary icon Glossary

Support Organisations iconSupport Organisations

The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, University of London


Disability and mental health support


Contact Us

Disability and Dyslexia Service, within the Learning Centre:

Tel: +44 (0)20 7559 3992
Email: dds@cssd.ac.uk

More provision of support

For more detailed information please click here to view the PDF document.

Main campus

Support we offer

icon Accessible learning spaces

icon  Adapted accommodation

icon Campus tours

icon Specialist knowledge in disability service

icon Support available from academic staff

Additional details about support

Funding for SpLD Assessment

Can a student be referred for a Specific Learning  Differences  (SpLD) Assessment with a Specialist teacher or Educational Psychologist through the University and is there funding available for an SpLD assessment?

Students can be referred for an SpLD diagnostic assessment on site.  Currently there is no funding available for this.

Disability Adviser available

Are there specialist staff available to talk to within the service?  Is there a disability officer or a disability adviser for students to talk to?

We currently have a Disability Coordinator and a Disability Adviser available to talk to and support students.  The staff are located in the Learning Centre, and also have confidential private rooms within which to meet students.

Support from academic staff

Is advice and support available from academic staff within the faculties of the University?   How do students access this advice and support?

The disability advice staff create, in conversation with the student, an IGRAS (Internal Guidance Report for Academic Support) which goes to the teaching staff for information and then discussion with the student.  Royal Central School of Speech and Drama is a small institution and academic staff are approachable and accessible to students.

One-to-one mentoring support

Are there any additional services available such as mentoring, counselling services or a buddy scheme to help a new student to settle in if needed?

There is a mentoring scheme to support students with mental health difficulties, and also a confidential counselling service

Specialist Support groups

Are there specialist  support groups  or a disabled  students network available at the University?

We do not have a specialist support group or disabled student network available

Adapted accommodation in halls

Is adapted accommodation and specialist equipment available in halls of residence?

The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama has no halls of its own but do have a small allocation of rooms from the University of London

One-to-One / Group Study Skills

We can provide support with arranging One to One and Group study skills sessions.