Higher Educations Institutions iconHigher Education Institutions

Disability Support Search iconDisability Support Search

Glossary icon Glossary

Support Organisations iconSupport Organisations

Royal Veterinary College University of London

Royal Veterinary College University of London

Disability support is housed within the RVC’s Advice Centre. Students can access support and guidance in terms of their learning support needs, help with the DSA application process, applying for special exam arrangements. We can also liaise with relevant (academic staff) about providing reasonable adjustments on your behalf.

A screening service for learning differences is also available. All information is treated confidentiality.  Students can access the service at any point during their course, but the earlier the better!

Contact Us

Disability support:

Textphone: +44 (0)7595 203143
Email: disability@rvc.ac.uk

More provision of support

For more detailed information please click here to view the PDF document.

Main campus

Support we offer

icon Accessible learning spaces

icon  Adapted accommodation

icon Campus tours

icon Specialist knowledge in disability service

Additional details about support

Funding for SpLD Assessment

Can a student be referred for a Specific Learning  Differences  (SpLD) Assessment with a Specialist teacher or Educational Psychologist through the University and is there funding available for an SpLD assessment?

Students can be referred for a Specific Learning Differences (SpLD) Assessment with a Specialist teacher or Educational Psychologist through the University though they have to meet this cost themselves.  Help is available to apply for the Hardship fund if they meet the eligibility criteria.

Disability Adviser available

Are there specialist staff available to talk to within the service?  Is there a disability officer or a disability adviser for students to talk to?


Support from academic staff

Is advice and support available from academic staff within the faculties of the University?   How do students access this advice and support?

The RVC has a learning Development team. Their work covers a number of activities and projects such as professional studies teaching, study skills programmes, one-to-one tutoring and development of learning resources. Students can find more information and book an appointment through Learn.


One-to-one mentoring support

Are there any additional services available such as mentoring, counselling services or a buddy scheme to help a new student to settle in if needed?

Mentoring is available if the student has been recommended it as part of their DSA.  A counselling service is also available.

Specialist Support groups

Are there specialist  support groups  or a disabled  students network available at the University?

We do not currently have a specialist support group or disabled student network available.

Adapted accommodation in halls

Is adapted accommodation and specialist equipment available in halls of residence?

A limited amount of adapted accommodation is available.

One-to-One / Group Study Skills

Does the institution provide support with arranging One to one/Group study skills sessions? 

The disability adviser can assist with this support