Higher Educations Institutions iconHigher Education Institutions

Disability Support Search iconDisability Support Search

Glossary icon Glossary

Support Organisations iconSupport Organisations

Royal Holloway, University of London

Royal Holloway University of London

Royal Holloway University

Disability and Dyslexia Services

The disability and mental health advisors are based in Founder’s West.  They co-ordinate support arrangements and resources to enable students with disabilities to achieve their full academic potential and enjoy all the experiences and opportunities available to students at Royal Holloway.

Contact Us

Disability & Dyslexia Services:

Tel: +44 (0)1784 276473
Email:   disability-dyslexia@rhul.ac.uk


More provision of support

For more detailed information please click here to view the PDF document.

Main campus

Support we offer

icon Accessible learning spaces

icon  Adapted accommodation

icon Campus tours

icon Pre-entry transition programme or equivalent support

icon Specialist knowledge in disability service

icon Specialist groups or disabled students’ network

icon Support available from academic staff

Additional details about support

Funding for SpLD Assessment

Can a student be referred for a Specific Learning  Differences  (SpLD) Assessment with a Specialist teacher or Educational Psychologist through the University and is there funding available for an SpLD assessment?

Students can be referred for a Specific Learning Differences (SpLD) Assessment with a Specialist teacher or Educational Psychologist through the University.  First year and second year students contribute to the first £100 of the assessment; finalist and PG pay in full (c.£400)

Disability Adviser available

Are there specialist staff available to talk to within the service?  Is there a disability officer or a disability adviser for students to talk to?

Yes. We have 3 disability advisers in our team available to speak to students Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm in the Disability and Dyslexia Services Office and on Thursday mornings in the Bedford Library.


Support from academic staff

Is advice and support available from academic staff within the faculties of the University?   How do students access this advice and support?

Support is accessible via the departmental officers.

One-to-one mentoring support

Are there any additional services available such as mentoring, counselling services or a buddy scheme to help a new student to settle in if needed?

We have mentoring available as well as a counselling service and buddy scheme.

Specialist Support groups

Are there specialist  support groups  or a disabled  students network available at the University?

We have a social club for students with ASC and Mental health conditions, also Mental Health cafes are run.

Adapted accommodation in halls

Is adapted accommodation and specialist equipment available in halls of residence?

We have adapted accommodation in halls.  If specialist equipment is needed, it is generally provided by Social Services.

One-to-One / Group Study Skills

Does the institution provide support with arranging One to one/Group study skills sessions?

We can provide support with arranging One to One and Group study skills sessions.