Higher Educations Institutions iconHigher Education Institutions

Disability Support Search iconDisability Support Search

Glossary icon Glossary

Support Organisations iconSupport Organisations

Regent’s University London


Disability and mental health support

The disability and mental health advisor, based in Student Support, co-ordinates support arrangements and resources to enable students to with disabilities, long-term health conditions, mental health issues and specific learning difficulties to benefit fully from their time at Regent’s University London.

Contact Us

Disability and mental health support: Disability Office

Tel:     +44(0)207 487 7863
Email: disability@regents.ac.uk

More provision of support

For more detailed information please click here to view the PDF document.

Main campus

Support we offer

icon Accessible learning spaces

icon  Adapted accommodation

icon Campus tours

icon Specialist knowledge in disability service

Additional details about support

Funding for SpLD Assessment

Can a student be referred for a Specific Learning  Differences  (SpLD) Assessment with a Specialist teacher or Educational Psychologist through the University and is there funding available for an SpLD assessment?

There is no provision for this  although we do offer a free screening service.

Disability Adviser available

Are there specialist staff available to talk to within the service?  Is there a disability officer or a disability adviser for students to talk to?

There is a dedicated Disability Officer, and advisors within Student Support whom students may speak with.

Support from academic staff

Is advice and support available from academic staff within the faculties of the University?   How do students access this advice and support?

While students may contact academic members of staff such as their Programme Directors, Course Leaders or Personal Tutors for advice and support, if this is in relation to their disability, they would be referred to Student Services and the Disability Support Service.

One-to-one mentoring support

Are there any additional services available such as mentoring, counselling services or a buddy scheme to help a new student to settle in if needed?

The university offers a free, professional and confidential counselling service for all students.

Specialist Support groups

Are there specialist  support groups  or a disabled  students network available at the University? 

Regent’s is a small and close-knit institution, and all disabled student’s support needs are dealt with within Student Services.

Adapted accommodation in halls

Is adapted accommodation and specialist equipment available in halls of residence?

We have 8 rooms on site that are classed as adapted rooms (extra plug sockets, deaf alerters, flashing detector heads, larger floor surface space).  Our nomination accommodation is adaptable and compliant.

One-to-One / Group Study Skills

Does the institution provide support with arranging One to one/Group study skills sessions?

We have a dedicated Academic Skills Support team who provide workshops, one-to-ones and drop in sessions on a broad range of topics such as, critical thinking, academic writing and exam techniques. We also have an SpLD specialist who offers one to one sessions with students.