Higher Educations Institutions iconHigher Education Institutions

Disability Support Search iconDisability Support Search

Glossary icon Glossary

Support Organisations iconSupport Organisations

Goldsmiths, University of London

Goldsmiths University of London

The Learning Support Officers provide advice and guidance on reasonable adjustments and additional support.

Examples of support provided through the Learning Support Officers:

  • Access around the campus
  • Liaison with tutors concerning adjustments you might need
  • Assistive Technology
  • Recording lectures
  • Location of hearing loops, accessible toilets, and so on
  • Examination adjustments
  • Study skills support
  • Library support and extended loans
  • Advice on extenuating circumstances
  • Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA)

Each disabled student will be offered a RASA (Reasonable Adjustment Student Agreement) which will outline the appropriate support and adjustments that can be expected from Goldsmiths. Most of the above adjustments are only available through the RASA process.

Campus accessibility:


Contact Us

Disability support : Inclusion and Learning Support

Tel: +44 (0)20 7919 7050
Email: studentcentre@gold.ac.uk

More provision of support

For more detailed information please click here to view the PDF document.

Main campus

Support we offer

icon Accessible learning spaces

icon  Adapted accommodation

icon Campus tours

icon Specialist knowledge in disability service

icon Support available from academic staff

Additional details about support

Funding for SpLD Assessment

Can a student be referred for a Specific Learning  Differences  (SpLD) Assessment with a Specialist teacher or Educational Psychologist through the University and is there funding available for an SpLD assessment?

Students can be referred for a Specific Learning Difference (SpLD) Assessment with a Specialist teacher or Educational Psychologist through the University.  We have our own specialist teacher assessor and we charge students £90 for a full SpLd assessment.

Disability Adviser available

Are there specialist staff available to talk to within the service?  Is there a disability officer or a disability adviser for students to talk to?

Learning Support Officers provide specialist disability advice.  There is a daily drop in service each afternoon (term time only).

Support from academic staff

Is advice and support available from academic staff within the faculties of the University?   How do students access this advice and support?

Senior tutors hold drop in surgeries each week.

One-to-one mentoring support

Are there any additional services available such as mentoring, counselling services or a buddy scheme to help a new student to settle in if needed?

The Wellbeing service provides advice, mentoring and includes a counselling service.

Specialist Support groups

Are there specialist  support groups  or a disabled  students network available at the University?

We do not currently have a specialist support group or students’ network available

Adapted accommodation in halls

Is adapted accommodation and specialist equipment available in halls of residence?


One-to-One / Group Study Skills

Does the institution provide support with arranging One to one/Group study skills sessions?

We can provide support with arranging One to One and Group study skills sessions.